CAMEL

WEARING: H&M Coat, Splendid Cashmere Sweater, J-Brand Jeans, Alexander Wang Kori Boots, Celine Trip Bag, THP Shop Rings.

The key to wearing a monochromatic outfit is to keep the look minimal and uncluttered. You don't need many accessories; a good leather bag, killer shoes and a well fitted coat is all that is required. If you don't want to do the same colour head to toe, no problem you can keep half of the look in the same solid colour. In my case, I went with camel for the coat and sweater - a great option to the usual black and white. Here I layered textures (wool from the coat and cashmere from the sweater) then added the black bottoms with my JBrand jeans, Celine bag and Wang shoes.

I have had a hard week, learning some though lessons, and am rolling with the punches. I keep on intending to be patient and to visualize the bigger picture, it's a struggle. I want to give a shout out to my amazing friends for their support some days it is just good to have that extra positivity around you. On real exciting news next Monday I will be sharing the pictures from the new BASICS line here - Stay Tuned!!

Photography by Carmin Edwards.

Comments

  1. This outfit is so on point, and that coat is just divine! I can't believe it's from H&M it looks a thousand bucks!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fulfilling your vision is a hard work. Good that you have some support. Be strong! It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect! love your bag!

    thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. i gave in to the color too.. cant wait to show u my self-made neoprene nude/camel tee ..

    miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing in camel too! I love all your closet and how you do so simply but elegant outfits, xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just great, Melissa! I've been a long-term fan of camel, even though I basically stopped wearing it years ago. My trick to wearing it without looking blah was to ground it with black - as you've demonstrated perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is pefection! love how the camel color isnt too warm/red-orange tone.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your colors in this look

    Kiss kiss.*Jo
    http://joandcompanystyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazingly perfect, girl! I feel like I was trying to create a similar outfit today but completely failed compared to this! xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment